This recipe for Shahjahani khichdi is a delicious rice and moong khichdi that is flavoured with entire garam masalas. To give the khichdi more volume and flavour, freshly grated coconut and cashew nuts are utilised.
This scrumptious Shahjahani khichdi is packed with flavour. Vegetables such as peas, carrots, and tomatoes can also be added to make the khichdi more nutritious.
Soaking Time : 02 hours
Preparation Time : 10 mins
Cooking Time : 15 mins
Total Time : 02 hours 25 minutes
● ¾ cup long grain basmati rice
● ¾ cup whole green gram
● 1 ½ tbsp ghee
● 1 tsp cumin seeds
● 3 cloves
● 1 stick cinnamon
● 4 black peppercorns
● 3 cardamoms
● 4 to 5 curry leaves
● 2 tbsp finely chopped onions
● 2 tbsp broken cashew nut
● 1 tbsp freshly grated coconut
● salt to taste
● 1 tsp green chilli paste
● 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander to garnish
If you are looking to buy 1121 basmati sella rice in Vadodara in bulk, Punit Proteins is the best choice for you.
1. Clean, wash and soak the rice and moong together for 2 hours to prepare Shahjahani khichdi. Let it set aside after draining water from it.
2. In a pressure cooker, melt the ghee and add the cumin seeds.
3. When the seeds start to pop, add the cloves, cinnamon, peppercorns, cardamom, curry leaves, and onions and cook for 1 to 2 minutes over medium heat.
4. Add the cashew nuts and cook for a few seconds over medium heat.
5. Pressure cook for 3 whistles with the rice-moong mixture, 3 cups hot water, coconut, salt, and green chilli paste.
6. Before opening the lid, allow the steam to escape.
7. Serve the Shahjahani khichdi immediately with curds, papad, and pickle, garnished with coriander.