Despite how much we enjoy our traditional rice dishes like pulao, khichdi, and biryani, there are times when we wish to try cuisine from different regions of the world! If you're craving something different, try this scrumptious Mexican Cheesy Pepper Rice.
This recipe has an outstanding flavour and texture that appeals to young and old alike, thanks to the proper mixture of vegetables, the deep flavour of chillies and garlic, and plenty of cheese! This Mexican delicacy is best served hot and fresh.
Soaking Time : 30 mins
Preparation Time : 10 mins
Cooking Time : 20 mins
Total Time : 1 hour
Makes 4 servings
Ingredients For Rice:
1 cup Lachkari Kolam rice , soaked for 30 minutes and drained
3 tbsp oil
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
1/2 cup finely sliced onions
3/4 cup finely sliced capsicum (green, red and yellow)
2 tbsp chopped dry kashmiri red chillies
1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
salt to taste
For The Garnish:
1/4 cup grated Cheese (Processed Cheese)
Method: For cooking the rice:
1. Take a large non-stick pan, start heating the oil in it, then add the rice and cook for 3 minutes over medium heat.
2. Add 3 cups of water, stir gently, cover, and let it simmer for 10 to 12 minutes over a medium temperature, and stir occasionally. Set it aside for now.
1. Heat a large nonstick pan over medium heat, then add chopped kashmiri red chillies and cook for 1 minute.
2. In a mixer, combine the sautéed red chilies, garlic, and 2 tbsp water and blend until coarse. Set it aside for now.
3. In a large nonstick pan, heat the oil, then add the onions and capsicum and cook for 2 minutes over medium heat.
4. Add the coarse chili-garlic paste and cook for 1 minute over medium heat.
5. Add the rice and a pinch of salt, stir well, and simmer for 1 minute over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
6. Serve immediately after garnishing it with cheese on top.