Paneer cubes in spicy thick curry become boring as part of everyday meals and this is where a Paneer Biryani has its miracle. Fluffy flavored rice, with a soothing aroma, bright yellow color and soft Paneer cubes together make an outstanding biryani. Now, to relish such a delightful plate of Paneer Biryani, it’s not always required to step out of the house. You can make Paneer Biryani within an hour if you have all its ingredients right at home.
Paneer – 250 grams
Basmati Rice/Sella Rice – 4 cups
Water – 2 liters
Onions – 2 pieces
Cold Milk - ¼ cup
Curd – ½ cup
Turmeric Powder ¼ teaspoon
Shahjeera ¼ teaspoon
Red Chili Powder ¼ teaspoon
Shah Jeera ¼ teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder/Curry Powder ½ teaspoon
Coriander powder ½ teaspoon
Lemon juice 1 teaspoon
Ginger Paste 1 teaspoon
Garlic Paste 1 teaspoon
Chopped Green Chilies 1 teaspoon
Chopped Coriander Leaves - 1 tablespoon
Kewra Water (to sprinkle)
Chopped Mint Leaves - ½ tablespoon
Lemon Juice – 1 tablespoon
Saffron – 8-10 strands
Cinnamon - 1 inch
Bay Leaves – 2 pieces
Cloves - 2-3 pieces
Cardamoms - 2-3 pieces
Salt – As per taste
Shahi Paneer Biryani Recipe
1) Start by marinating the Paneer cubes.
2) In the curd, add ginger paste, garlic paste, chopped green chilies, chopped coriander leaves, chopped mint leaves, turmeric powder, shahjeera, red chili powder, garam masala powder/curry powder instead, ½ teaspoon coriander powder, lemon juice and salt.
3) Coat the paneer cubes nicely with the curd mixture. Let this rest up to 30 minutes in the fridge.
4) In the cold milk, add the saffron strands and let this rest.
5) It’s time to cook the rice. Wash and clean the rice first.
6) Boil six cups of water and add cinnamon, bay leaves, cloves, green cardamoms, caraway seeds and a pinch of salt. Now add rice in it and half cook.
7) Slice the onions and fry them. The onions should neither by sloggy nor crispy.
8) Apply ghee as coating to clean kadai to start the final layering process of Paneer Biryani.
9) For layering the Paneer Biryani, arrange marinated Paneer, half cooked rice, saffron milk and fried onion in one place.
10) Coat pan with ghee. To this add a layer of marinated Paneer followed by half cooked rice, and fried onion. Sprinkle both saffron milk and kewra water from top.
11) Seal the Biryani kadai with aluminum foil, cover and slow cook up to 20 minutes.
12) Once Paneer and rice both looks cooked and mixed with each other, the cooking process of Paneer Biryani ends.
You can serve Shahi Paneer Biryani with raita or salad.
If looking forbasmati sella rice in Vadodara, or want to learn about the best basmati rice price in Vadodara, feel free to connect with Punit Proteins.